102 REMOVAL AND DISPOSAL OF EXISTING BUILDINGS
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This is not a legal document. Please see disclaimer for more information.
- Remove and dispose of existing buildings, including foundations, footings, or any part thereof, and backfill as specified. Locations of buildings included in the work will be designated in the Contract Documents by the circled numbers ①,②, ③ etc.
- Not applicable.
- Schedule the removal, razing, or occupation of buildings and appurtenances as one of the first items of work. Post and protect the buildings from vandalism and theft.
- Remove and dispose of buildings scheduled for temporary use immediately when vacated.
- Buildings and appurtenances may be disposed of by burning if they are not located close to habitable dwellings and if not prohibited by local or State laws, regulations, ordinances, or by the fire marshal.
- Salvaged materials shall become the property of the Contractor. Selling of merchantable material and removal by the purchaser shall be done only during daylight working hours and accompanied by a Contractor's representative.
102.04 MEASUREMENT AND PAYMENT
- Removal and Disposal of Existing Buildings will not be measured but will be paid for at the Contract lump sum price. The payment will be full compensation for all material, labor, equipment, tools, and incidentals necessary to complete the work. Buildings not designated for removal and disposal in the Contract Documents will not be measured but the cost will be incidental to Section 101. The Administration reserves the right to eliminate from this item any or all buildings or structures. For each building eliminated from this item, the item will be credited to the extent of the cost eliminated, which will be determined from a breakdown submitted by the Contractor showing the tabulation of individual unit costs used in arriving at the Contract price for this item. Submit a breakdown of the Contract lump sum price for Removal and Disposal of Existing Buildings to the Engineer prior to beginning work.