309 CONCRETE DITCHES
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This is not a legal document. Please see disclaimer for more information.
- Construct concrete ditches and incidental toe walls.
Crusher Run Aggregate CR-6 901.01 No. 57 Aggregate 901.01 Curing Materials 902.07 Form Release Compounds 902.08 Portland Cement Concrete 902.10, Mix No. 2 Joint Sealer 911.01 Preformed Joint Filler 911.02 Borrow Section 916 Soil Stabilization Matting 920.05
- 309.03.01 Excavation. Excavate and prepare the subgrade as specified in Section 602. For excavated material, refer to 402.03.01.
- 309.03.02 Forms. Use steel or wooden forms meeting Section 603.
- 309.03.03 Concrete. Mix and place as specified in Section 603.
- 309.03.04 Joints. Place joints no more than 15 ft apart. Use either bulkhead or weakened plane construction joints. Either tool or saw weakened plane joints to a depth of at least 3/4 in. Place expansion joints no more than 90 ft apart and seal.
- 309.03.05 Cold Weather Construction and Curing. Refer to 520.03.02 for cold weather construction and to 520.03.12 for concrete curing.
- 309.03.06 Backfill. After the forms have been removed, place and compact the backfill.
- 309.03.07 When the existing concrete ditch is removed but not replaced, regrade and stabilize the area as directed.
309.04 MEASUREMENT AND PAYMENT
- The payment will be full compensation for all concrete, excavation, forms, backfill, curing, disposal of excess or unsuitable material, toe walls, and for all material, labor, equipment, tools, and incidentals necessary to complete the work.
- 309.04.01 Concrete Ditches will be measured and paid for at the Contract unit price per square yard.
- 309.04.02 The removal and disposal of unsuitable material below the subgrade will be measured and paid for at the Contract unit price per cubic yard for Class 2 Excavation.
- 309.04.03 When Borrow or Selected Backfill using No. 57 Aggregate or Selected Backfill using Crusher Run Aggregate CR-6 is approved by the Engineer as replacement material for the Class 2 Excavation, it will be measured and paid for at the Contract unit price per cubic yard for the pertinent items as specified in the Contract Documents.
- 309.04.04 Concrete Ditches removed but not replaced will be paid for at the Contract unit price per square yard. The payment will include the cost to dispose of the material, regrading, topsoil, and soil stabilization matting.