433 BRIDGE MOUNTED SIGN SUPPORTS
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This is not a legal document. Please see disclaimer for more information.
- Furnish and construct bridge mounted sign supports and sign luminaire supports. This work does not include sign panels, electrical work, or luminaires.
- References to Grade 50W structural steel shall be construed to include similar structural steel having weathering characteristics.
Epoxy Grout 902.11(d) Structural Steel 909.01 Anchor Bolts, Nuts and Washers 909.06 High Strength Bolts, Nuts and Washers 909.07 Paint 912.05, Paint System B
- On new structures, construct the sign support using the same structural steel and fasteners used for the fabrication of the structure. When A709, Grade 50W structural steel is used, make the vertical supports from material meeting A709, Grade 36 or 50.
- On existing structures, use structural steel meeting A709, Grade 36 or 50 for the sign support. When the existing structure consists of A709, Grade 50W structural steel, construct the sign support from steel meeting A709, Grade 50W, except make the vertical supports from steel meeting A709, Grade 36 or 50. Use fasteners meeting 909.07 and use Type 3 when used with A709, Grade 50W.
- Galvanize vertical supports for the sign panels according to A123. Hot dip galvanize all bolts, nuts, and similar fasteners in contact with the galvanized material, meeting the thickness, adherence, and quality requirements of A153.
- Construct the sign support according to the applicable portions of Section 430. Paint according to Section 435, except as specified herein.
- Set the anchor bolts by epoxy grouting or casting in place when applicable.
- On new structures, clean and paint the nongalvanized portions of the sign support using the same system specified for the structure. Clean and paint portions of the sign support mounted on structures constructed with Grade 50W steel and attached to areas designated to be painted.
- On existing structures not constructed with Grade 50W steel, either the entire sign support may be galvanized or those areas not designated to be galvanized may be painted. Refer to Section 435 for cleaning and painting nongalvanized portions of the sign support. Blast clean to a surface condition of Near White SSPC SP 10 prior to painting. Unless otherwise specified, refer to 436.03.25 for repair of damaged coatings on existing structures.
- Portions of the sign support mounted on existing structures constructed with Grade 50W steel and attached to areas that are painted shall also be cleaned and painted.
433.04 MEASUREMENT AND PAYMENT
- Bridge Mounted Sign Supports will not be measured but will be paid for at the Contract lump sum price. The payment will be full compensation for all material, labor, equipment, tools, and incidentals necessary to complete the work.