801 CONCRETE FOUNDATIONS
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This is not a legal document. Please see disclaimer for more information.
- Construct concrete foundations for installing traffic signals, highway lighting, and signs.
Curing Materials 902.07 Portland Cement Concrete 902.10, Mix No. 3 Corrugated Metal Pipe Section 905 Reinforcement Steel Section 908 Anchor Bolts 909.08 Conduit 950.10 Galvanizing for Hardware A153
- 801.03.01 Excavation. Excavate to the dimensions specified. Ensure that all excavation work is inspected and approved before proceeding with construction.
- 801.03.02 Galvanized parts that have been cut or chipped to bare metal shall be repaired according to A780.
- 801.03.03 Concrete Placement. Place concrete against undisturbed earth wherever possible. However, where the existing ground shows a tendency to cave in or otherwise will not retain its shape during or after excavation provide, install, and leave in place a corrugated steel pipe.
- Mix, place, and test concrete as specified in Section 420. Construct footings, including reinforcement and bolt circle data, as specified in the Contract Documents and in conformance with the approved working drawings. Use suitable and accurately placed templates to set the anchor bolts plumb. Leave the templates in place until the concrete attains initial set.
- Apply a level trowel finish to the top of the foundation. Apply a liquid membrane forming compound to all exposed surfaces.
- 801.03.04 Unusual Soil Conditions. When unexpected subsurface conditions are encountered, modify the excavation depth as directed. If rock or boulders cannot be removed by ordinary means, remove them to the levels and dimensions specified, or to a depth necessary to obtain the required stability.
- 801.03.05 Backfill. Use material that is free of topsoil, organic, frozen, and other undesirable materials. Keep spaces to be backfilled free of trash. Clean the space before placing backfill. Use suitable material from the excavation or other sources conforming to Section 204. Place in layers not more than 8 in. loose thickness. Use mechanical or vibratory compaction equipment to obtain at least 92 percent of maximum density at a moisture content within 2 percent of the optimum according to T 180, Method C.
801.04 MEASUREMENT AND PAYMENT
- Concrete foundations for installing traffic signals, highway lighting, and signs will be measured and paid for at the Contract unit price per cubic yard for the pertinent Concrete Foundation item. The payment will be full compensation for all concrete, excavation, corrugated metal pipe or forms, reinforcement steel, anchor bolts, backfill, and for all material, labor, equipment, tools, and incidentals necessary to complete the work.