808 LIGHTING STRUCTURES
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This is not a legal document. Please see disclaimer for more information.
- Furnish and install steel and aluminum lighting poles, bracket arms, and fittings.
Cast Iron 909.04 Hardware 909.10 Conduit 950.10 Lighting Structures 950.07 Galvanization A123 Stainless Steel Hardware A167, Type 302 Aluminum Castings B26 or B108, alloy 356-T6 Anchor Base Plate for Aluminum Structures B209, 6000 series alloy
- Refer to Section 801 for concrete foundations.
- Perform all fabrication and welding as specified in Section 430. After forming and welding, the pole shall have a smooth finish with only one longitudinal weld and no transverse welds. When fully assembled, install each lighting structure so that the pole is plumb.
- Use a metallic arc consumable electrode inert gas shielded process for all welding for aluminum poles. After welding, the entire assembly shall be precipitation heat treated to the T-6 temper by an approved method and rotary sand finished.
- All aluminum poles shall be furnished with internal vibration dampening devices.
- Bracket Arms. Secure bracket arms to the poles as specified in the manufacturer’s recommendations. Install each bracket arm perpendicular to the travel lane, unless otherwise specified.
808.04 MEASUREMENT AND PAYMENT
- The payment will be full compensation for all material, labor, equipment, tools, and incidentals necessary to complete the work.
- 808.04.01 Lighting Structures will be measured and paid for at the Contract unit price per each pole height, bracket arm length, and material type.
- 808.04.02 Concrete foundations will be measured and paid for as specified in 801.04.
- 808.04.03 Breakaway base support systems, when specified in the Contract Documents, will be measured and paid for as specified in 821.04.
- 808.04.04 Bracket arms for signal structures or wood poles will be measured and paid for at the Contract unit price per each for the pertinent Bracket Arm item.