Jump to navigation Jump to search
This is not a legal document. Please see disclaimer for more information.
Sign Panel Supports and Hardware 909.07, 921.05, 921.06, 950.04, A123, A153, and A709 Reflective and Nonreflective Sheeting 950.03 Sign Materials 950.08
- Provide all hardware not provided by the Administration. Hardware shall be stainless steel. The Administration will supply traffic signal related signs and their mounting hardware for span wire, mast arm, and signal pole mounted applications.
- Furnish and install, or install, vandalism installation date (VID) stickers to the back lower right hand corner of all installed signs. The Administration will supply VID stickers with all Administration supplied signs. Supply VID stickers with all non-Administration supplied signs.
- Use demountable copy or direct applied copy on extruded aluminum. Use direct applied or silk screen copy on sheet aluminum.
- The signs will be inspected after sign installation is complete. If specular reflection is apparent on any sign, reposition the sign as directed.
- Inspect each new sign location to determine if clearing is required to provide for good sight distance. Complete all clearing and disposal as specified in Section 101. Remove any tree limbs protruding within the limits of clearing as specified in Section 712. The limits of clearing for each location will be as specified.
- Use the following minimum thickness for fabricated sheet aluminum signs.
Longest Dimension of Sheet Sign
≤ 12 0.040 12+ to 24 0.063 24+ to 36 0.080 36+ to 48 0.100 > 48 0.125
- Install sheeting according to the manufacturer’s recommendations. Repair/replace defects in workmanship according to the manufacturer’s recommendation.
813.04 MEASUREMENT AND PAYMENT
- 813.04.01 Signs will be measured and paid for at the Contract unit price per square foot of area of the vertical front face of the completed sign with no deduction for required shaping. The payment will be full compensation for all material, labor, equipment, tools, and incidentals necessary to complete the work.
- 813.04.02 Administration furnished signs and mounting hardware will be measured and paid for at the Contract unit price per square foot for the completed sign installed. The payment will be full compensation for all transportation, drilling holes as specified, installation, and for all material, labor, equipment, tools, and incidentals necessary to complete the work.
- 813.04.03 Clearing for signing will not be measured but the cost will be incidental to the Contract unit price for furnishing and installing the signs.
- 813.04.04 Furnish and Install or Install Vandalism Installation Date stickers will not be measured, but the cost will be incidental to the Contract unit price for furnishing and installing the signs.