819 STEEL SPAN WIRE
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This is not a legal document. Please see disclaimer for more information.
- Furnish and install steel span wire for signal head or sign mountings, interconnect runs, and for tethering purposes.
Steel Span Wire 950.09 Galvanizing A153
- Steel messenger rings shall be the specified size and be mechanically or hot dip galvanized after fabrication.
- Attach the span wire to poles by wrapping two full turns of the span wire around the pole at the specified height leaving a free end of 2 ft.
- Secure the free end to the traversing span wire using a three-bolt clamp and serving sleeve as specified.
- Space messenger rings 8 in. apart.
819.04 MEASUREMENT AND PAYMENT
- Steel Span Wire will be measured and paid for at the Contract unit price per linear foot for the size of wire installed. The payment will be full compensation for all hardware, material, labor, equipment, tools, and incidentals necessary to complete the work.