824 MODIFY EXISTING SIGN MESSAGES
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This is not a legal document. Please see disclaimer for more information.
- Remove existing and add new sign copy, shields, and arrows for existing signs, or overlay existing sign messages.
- 824.03.01 Modifying Signs with Demountable Copy. Remove existing copy or shields carefully. Prior to installing the new material, clean the sign background material thoroughly using mild detergent and water.
- When specified, cover existing demountable copy with sheet aluminum at least 0.040 in. thick. The overlay shall have the same background and copy as the sign.
- 824.03.02 Modifying Signs with Direct Applied Copy. When specified, cover existing copy with sheet aluminum at least 0.040 in. thick. The overlay shall have the same background and copy as the sign.
- Direct applied overlays may be used for minor modifications to sign messages according to the manufacturer’s recommendations.
824.04 MEASUREMENT AND PAYMENT
- The payment will be full compensation for all material, labor, equipment, tools, and incidentals necessary to complete the work.
- 824.04.01 Modify Message on Existing Ground Mounted or Overhead Signs will be measured and paid for at the Contract unit price per each removed or each installed character for the type of sign installation specified. Characters include shields, arrows, and sign copy.
- 824.04.02 Overlay Existing Ground Mounted or Overhead Signs will be measured and paid for at the Contract unit price per square foot, removed or installed for the type of sign specified.