Jump to navigation Jump to search
This is not a legal document. Please see disclaimer for more information.
- TC-1.03. The metal producer shall furnish certification as specified. Certification shall include actual mill test results and the chemical and physical properties of the finished metal products.
909.01 STRUCTURAL STEEL
- Structural steel shall meet the following:
- (a) M 270, Zone 2. All primary load carrying members shall meet the supplementary toughness requirements.
- (b) Primary load carrying members are as follows or as specified.
- (1) Finger joint steel from which saw tooth configurations have been cut, all stringers, cover plates, bearing stiffeners, splice plates, pins and pin links for straight rolled steel beam bridges; all flanges, webs, bearing stiffeners, splice plates, pins and pin links for straight steel girder bridges.
- (2) Curved rolled steel beam and steel girder bridges; all diaphragms, cross frames, lateral bracing, including connection plates to main stringers.
909.02 STEEL FOR MISCELLANEOUS USE
- A36, A72 or A709, Grade 36 or 50. Steel for bearings on structures shall conform to A709, Grade 50.
909.03 WELDING MATERIALS
- AWS D1.5 or D1.1 according to design criteria.
909.04 GRAY IRON CASTINGS
- A48, Class 30B.
909.05 STEEL STUD SHEAR DEVELOPERS
- AWS D1.5 or D1.1 according to design criteria
909.06 BOLTS, NUTS, AND WASHERS FOR GENERAL USE
- Galvanize all according to F2329 when required. High temperature galvanizing not allowed.
- (a) Bolts, A307.
- (b) Anchor bolts F1554, Grade 55, S1.
- (c) Washers, F436.
- (d) Nuts, A563, Grade A.
909.07 HIGH STRENGTH FASTENERS, BOLTS, NUTS, AND WASHERS
- F3125, Grade A325, Type 1 or 3. High temperature galvanizing is not allowed.
- (a) Galvanize Type 1 according to F2329 when required.
- (b) Use A325, Type 3 on weathering steel.
- (c) Washers and nuts shall meet A325 -Table 1.
- Perform rotational capacity testing on all high strength fasteners according to MSMT 710
909.08 ANCHOR BOLTS, NUTS, WASHERS FOR TRAFFIC SIGNALS, HIGHWAY LIGHTING, AND SIGNS
- (a) F1554, Grade 55 S1.
- (b) Anchor bolts, galvanized for the full length of the threads and 3 in. below the threads.
- (c) Nuts, heavy hex, A194, Grade 2H or A563, Grade DH.
- (d) Flat washers, heavy washers, F436.
- (e) Galvanize according to F2329. High-temperature galvanizing is not acceptable.
909.09 CAST WASHERS
- Cast washers, ogee washers, and special cast washers according to A48. Hot dip galvanize according to A153.
- F1667. Spikes, wood screws, staples, brads, lag screws, carriage bolts, and other parts under general hardware shall be composed of carbon steel.
909.11 STEEL FORMS
- A653, Designation SS, Grades 33 through 80S. Steel bridge deck forms and deck form supports that remain in place shall be fabricated as specified. Steel forms shall be coated according to Coating Designation G165. The minimum thickness of uncoated steel shall be 0.0359 in.