923 SLURRY SEAL MICRO-SURFACING
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This is not a legal document. Please see disclaimer for more information.
- Aggregates shall be crushed stone, compatible with the emulsion, and meet the gradation requirements in D3910 or D6372. Aggregates shall also meet the physical requirements for Slurry Seal (SS) and Micro-Surfacing (MS) in Table 901 D.
923.02 MINERAL FILLER
923.04 EMULSIFIED ASPHALT
- Emulsified asphalt shall be neat or polymer modified. The polymer shall be milled or blended into the asphalt or emulsifier solution prior to the emulsification process. The polymer modified emulsion shall contain 3.0 percent polymer solids minimum by weight of asphalt. The emulsified asphalt shall meet M 208, Grade CSS-1h or CQS-1h. Each load of emulsified asphalt shall be accompanied by a Certificate of Analysis/Compliance that indicates the emulsion meets specification requirements.
923.05 MIX DESIGN APPROVAL
- Submit mix design data for approval at least three weeks in advance of the paving operation. Include the following:
- (a) Source, percentage, and grade of emulsified asphalt.
- (b) Source, gradation and proportion of each component aggregate.
- (c) Source and percentage of additional additives.
- (d) Target gradation and residual asphalt content of mix.
- (e) Mix design worksheets.
- Test the mix design in accordance with D3910 or D6372. The mix design report shall show that the test results meet the following:
Slurry Seal TEST PROPERTY TEST
Consistency Test (Mix Time), 77F, s, maximum D3910 180 Set Time, 77F, m, minimum D3910 15 Wet Track Abrasion, g/ft2, max
*ISSA TB-100 75 Residual Asphalt: Type II T 164 or T 308 7.5% – 13.5% Type III T 164 or T 308 6.5% – 12.0% Micro-Surfacing TEST PROPERTY TEST
Set Time 77F s, minimum D6372 30 Wet Track Abrasion, g/ft2, maximum
*ISSA TB-100 50 Residual Asphalt (by dry weight of aggregates): Type II or Type III T 164 or T 308 5.5% – 10.5%
- *International Slurry Seal Association